New Second Life viewer Communications Hub User Interface (CHUI)
Today Linden Lab announced some exciting news on the official Second Life blog about a new Communications Hub User Interface (CHUI) for the Second Life viewer. To use the new CHUI you have to download version 3.5.0 (273444) of the Second Life viewer via Release Notes.
Snapshot of (CHUI)
- Add participants to a conversation already in progress
- See all of your conversations and everyone in those conversations, using an inventory-like UI
- Quickly move your voice connection between conversations and effortlessly adjust individual volume or overall volume in a single click
- View all of your recent communications in one window (Conversation Log)
- See what was said in any conversation (Conversation Transcripts)
- Set Do Not Disturb to focus on other things and get all the communications (and inventory offers!) you missed, after you come back
- Choose from four levels of notification for each of five different kinds of incoming communication. You can set IMs from friends and IMs from non-friends to different levels of notification
- Turn sound on and off for four different events, such as inventory offers and teleport offers
- Access voice morphs more easily
- Get to chat preferences and privacy preferences directly from the Conversations window.
- Type your chats into an expanding, multiple-line box
- Select multiple users across different conversations and start a new conference with them
- Choose which conversations are in their own windows, and which should be in a tabbed window — you can have both now.
- Collapse any conversation to a single-line input with popup messages.
- See users and objects you have blocked in a new tab in the People window.
What is CHUI?
As we’ve previously blogged about, CHUI puts Second Life’s communications tools in a more flexible UI that lets you customize it for the ways you prefer to communicate inworld. You can even turn it all off when you want to build, make movies, or simply be left alone for a while.
Watch the NEW VIDEO below about the new (CHUI) by Torley Linden.
What do you think about the new Communications Hub User Interface (CHUI) in the Second Life viewer ?
Posted on April 4, 2013, in Linden Lab, Second Life, SL Announcements, SL Breaking News, SL Community, SL Cool Stuff, SL News Alert, SL Summary, SL Videos, SL Viewer 2.0, Viewer 3 and tagged Second Life, SL Breaking News, SL News, SL Viewer, Viewer 3. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.