Check out my early list of predictions for Second Life in 2013.
- More new Linden Lab features/products of some kind. LL focus still remains with current projects too.
- More TPV adoption during 2013 and Mesh creation continues on the rise in 2013
- OpenSim will continue growing in regions, active users and sign ups etc on the most popular 40 grids
- Regions will continue to decline even further or increase up in 2013
- Linden Lab won’t be sold or acquired by another company in 2013
- Linden Lab will either lower the tier/ increase or keep it the same during 2013
- Linden Lab to release a SL app for mobile devices in 2013
- New improvements for better performance and stability in 2013
Checklist of my 2012 predictions I made last year.
- SL user concurrency to reach between 90, 000 to 100, 000 before 2013 – Failed - SL user concurrency failed to reach 75, 000 this year and remained flat during 2012
- OpenSim & InWorldz will continue to grow – Pass - OpenSim regions, active users and sign ups increased a lot this year on the top popular 40 OpenSim grids
- Windows 8 compatibility for SL before 2013 – Pass - Windows 8 works on almost all SL viewers and by the end of 2014 I think all SL viewers will be compatible with Windows 8.
- Linden Lab works on other projects outside SL – Pass – Linden Lab worked on new products in 2012: Creatorverse, Patterns, Dio and Versu
- More big announcements – Pass - SL9B was made community supported, SLCC 2012 was cancelled this year, SL JIRA format changed, Linden Lab stopped publishing Second Life economy figures and Linden Lab removed Viewer 1.23.5 from SL wiki page this year
- Second Life gets rebranded and relaunched during 2012 – Failed – I don’t think this happened this year
- Second Life will see growth during 2012 – Failed - I don’t think this happened this year
- More sims/places closing out from lack of money or interest – Pass – Star Wars region, ABC Island, The Yard, ISTE Island, Cartoonimals, 1000+ avatars project locations and Pop Art Lab region
- Second Life gets bought out by another company - Failed - I don’t think this happened this year
- TPV adoption and Mesh continues on the rise – Pass – Increased a lot this year I think but I’m not sure on the percentage right now
- Linden Lab to either reduce/increase tier before 2013 – Failed – Stayed the same during 2012
- Rodvik will change his avatar appearance - Pass - I think Rodvik changed his avatar a few times in 2012
Do you have any early Second Life predictions for 2013 ? I would love to hear them in comments!