Second Life user concurrency 2011 so far
So far in 2011 the Second Life user concurrency has been trending downwards and dropping mostly during the year so far. There has no major high peaks during 2011 which has been disappointing. Many would say it’s been declining/flat this year and to be fair it has been. Don’t forget to visit my SL Metrics page for more interesting statistics.
The Second Life daily median concurrency started well at the start of 2011 at around 56, 000 and now it appears to be hovering above 50, 000. The daily user concurrency average for August 2011 seems to be around 31, 000 to 65, 000 at peak. I wonder if things will pick up during the rest of 2011 or continue to decline further?.
User hours is another interesting area to focus on and again it shows a large drop in user hours in Second Life between Q1 2010 and Q2 2011. Check out this graph to see the user hours (millions).
- Q1 2010 – 116
- Q2 2010 – 109
- Q3 2010 – 105
- Q4 2010 – 105
- Q1 2011 – 104
- Q2 2011 – 103
Check out these updated graphs from the Grid Survey showing high, balanced and slipping stats.
- Maximum Daily Concurrency - Graph shows the max concurrency between the 5th December 2009 to 21st August 2011
- Median Daily Concurrency - Graph shows the median concurrency between the 5th December 2009 to 21st August 2011
- Mean Daily Concurrency - Graph shows the mean concurrency between the 5th December 2009 to 21st August 2011
- Minimum Daily Concurrency - Graph shows the min concurrency between the 5th December 2009 to 21st August 2011
In January 2009 there was a huge peak in Second Life user concurrency that reached the 80k milestone and then almost reached the 90k milestone in late March 2009. The 100k milestone I think won’t happen for a long time yet however that would be nice to see it reach that figure in the next few years.
- 88, 220 – 29th March 2009 at 1:28pm SLT
- 86, 584 – 15th March 2009 at 3:57pm SLT
- 81, 913 – 28th February 2009 at 2:50pm SLT
- 80,000 – 12th January 2009
- 80, 528 – 11th January 2009 at 2:46pm SLT
- 80, 195 – 11th January 2009
- New Signups: 16, 000 (average per day)
- Stats released from SLCC 2011
- Second Life user-concurrency falls to lowest levels in two years
- SL Population Crash Continues
- New Signups: Around 10, 000 – 11, 000
Posted on August 23, 2011, in Second Life, Second Life Stats, SL Announcements, SL Breaking News, SL Community, SL Grid Status, SL Metrics, SL News Alert, SL Summary, SL user concurrency and tagged Second Life, SL Breaking News, SL Metrics, SL News. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.