Mesh is rolling out to all sims today
Linden Lab are rolling out Mesh to all sims today apparently. This is really good news for the SL community and that will explain the rolling restarts happening in progress right now. After the rolling restarts all regions on the grid should have mesh support if everything goes according to plan.
This week MESH goes to the main channel. Wow, we’ve been working on this one for a long time and this is it. Thanks to everyone who has participated in the beta process and filed bugs!
Max prim scale has been raised to 64m
From the Second Life Grid Status Reports today it appears the rolling restarts have been completed.
Posted by Status Desk on August 23rd, 2011 at 09:10 am PDT
[Resolved 9:10AM PDT 23, August 2011] Today’s rolling restarts have completed.
[Updated 5:03AM PDT, 23 August 2011] Rolling restarts on the main Second Life server channel will begin momentarily. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and please save all builds. We will update this post when the restarts have completed.
[POSTED 8:22PM PDT, 22 August 2011] Rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel will be performed on Tuesday, August 23rd at approximately 5:00am PDT. Please make sure to save all builds and refrain from making purchases during this time.
Here is the release notes for 23rd August 2011 for the Second Life Server channel. Alot of improvements for sure and congratulations to Linden Lab.
- This is the “Mesh” project. scheduled 2011-08-23
- Mesh objects can be uploaded
- Child prims can be set to have no collision shape (do not contribute to collision of object)
- Objects that use the features above (mesh shapes or non-colliding parts) will have prim cost calculated based on actual impact to the parcel/region rather than simple count.
- Max prim scale has been raised to 64m on a side
- New physics engine
- Overhaul how collision shapes are constructed and stored in memory.
- 10 cm gap between colliding objects has been removed for most objects:
- For convex prims (dynamic and static)
- Concave prims (static only)
- For small prims ( <~0.2m on a side ) it can’t be completely removed so those objects may still exhibit a gap, but it will typically be smaller than it was before the change.
- Parcel-full return sort order has changed: most recently “changed” get returned first, but still grouped by OTHER, GROUP, and OWNER in that order.
Posted on August 23, 2011, in Linden Lab, Second Life, SL Community, SL Cool Stuff, SL Mesh, SL News Alert and tagged Second Life, SL Breaking News, SL Mesh, SL News. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.