VWBPE 2011 Day 2
Yesterday on day 1 of the VWBPE 2011 was exciting at the opening keynotes speech hosted by Botgirl which started around 2pm SLT. Afterwards many more great presentations followed which I enjoyed the ones I managed to attend because of the time zone difference.
Day 2 the presentations I managed to attend and my views of them…
- The presentation hosted by Barry Joseph’s was my highlight of day 2 because it mentioned the teen grid and it’s funeral information. Here is the rough script of the presentation.
- I throught the Immersive Education Tools for the Classroom: Edusim, Opensim, & Scratch presentation was really good hosted by Growing Wise.
- Sonicity Fitzroy and Lowe Runo presentation was interesting because there was mention of making machinima in Second Life and i love watching machinima. Sonicity talked about story boards and green screening.
- Virtual World Roundup â€“ Beyond Second Life presention hosted by Ethan Therian was cool of the mention of platform elements, websites, creations, content which included technical, creative and education perspectives.
- The Impact of Second Life – Motivation, Engagement and Virtual Identities presentation was good hosted by UnicornG Luminos because he talked about the research motivation, design and pilot study samples that go into Second Life.
Full schedule of presentations can be found here. Day 3 highlights will be posted tomorrow. Videos of presentations will appear very soon on treet.tv.